Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Roxanne's Quotes

So, I am all stuffed up and don't have the focus to write a cohesive blog entry, so I'm going to post some of Roxanne's best quotes of the last couple of weeks. Most of these get repeated in one form or fashion every once in a while...

*At dinner tonight, Justin was commenting that the steak he made was tough, and he muttered, very quietly, "Holy Crap" while cutting a piece. Roxanne instantly looks at him and says, "You say holy crap, Dada?"

*This morning at breakfast, Roxanne was being disgusting with her yogurt and smearing it all over the table, etc., so I told her to stop several times. Finally, I told her I was going to take it away, and she yelled "No!" then looked down at her mess and said, "I bein' a stinker."

*We are getting a new cat in a couple of weeks from my Dad and Colleen named Boo Boo. Roxanne is SO excited about Boo Boo, and has been telling everyone about her. She told Josh today, "I getting a cat Joshy, her name is Boo Boo. Boo Boo sit in my lap." Which is true, since when we last visited Boo Boo, she sat very nicely in Roxanne's lap. But yes, Roxanne is so excited she can't stand it.

*Today, she kept asking me at work, "Where's my Daddy?" and I would tell her he was at work. And she would say, "I want to go get my Daddy. I want to go get him from work." She got so attached to him over the vacation. I think she's turning into a little bit of a Daddy's girl. Sigh.

*Roxanne is really loving being a "little tiny baby" and having us hold her in our arms like a tiny baby. She especially loves it when you sing to her like that, but you can only sing lullabies. Otherwise, she will yell, "little tiny baby! I'm a little tiny baby!" Like the ABC's would offend a little tiny baby.

OK. That's all for now. I'm so stressed this week because I've got the GRE on Friday morning, and on Thursday night, we have a producer coming by to shoot a 20 to 30 minute audition interview for HGTV. I applied (on a whim) last week for us to be on the new HGTV show called Curb Appeal: The Block and was shocked to hear that we are actually pre-selected. Hmm, I wonder if I'm allowed to talk about this... We'll see. Either way, we still have a ways to go before we know whether or not we even have a chance to do the show, so I'll keep updating. But we are excited! It would really be nice to get the $20,000 in landscaping/exterior home improvement...

No comments: