Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Playing with her shadow

Today Roxanne spent a while playing in the sunlight on the floor of the rug in Ben's living room. She was waving her arms in the air like a little monkey and watching all of the movement in her shadow. Then she would lean forward and scratch the rug, like she was trying to pick it up. She's like a little lady Peter Pan.

I tried putting Roxanne in shoes today, since I know it will be getting cold soon and her little feet will need to be covered. Plus, my sister got us some very cute little Teva baby shoes that are bright orange and green and have a soft suede sole. They look very hip and granola-y. Of course, midway through breakfast she was banging one of them on her food tray and getting cheerio and peaches all over it. I saved it before it got yucky though, and we're going to keep trying. I'm sure she'll get used to them eventually.

I joined the zoo yesterday and I'm really excited. There is a members only night this Saturday called "Wild Child" and it starts after zoo hours. It looks really fun, with a costume contest and a family band, etc. I think we will be debuting as zoo members. Also, just as a gentle suggestion come holiday season, since we have so many toys and so little square footage, ride passes to the zoo would be awesome for Roxanne. They have a train and a carousel. I'm looking forward to taking her on them both. It looks like sometime in the near future I'll be taking Ben and Roxanne to the zoo during the week. Maddie is starting pre-school on Thursdays and Fridays, so both days will be just the little ones and me. I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: