Friday, January 2, 2009

Sleep Deprived

So, I know it's been a long time since I've posted. I've just been running on empty. Roxanne is not sick anymore, but she's being an absolute terror when it comes to sleep. She is taking at least a half hour to go down at night, and today she just refused to take an afternoon nap. Justin and I are both a little bit zombie-like. Our vacation has gone way too fast! We've really enjoyed having so much time together, and it will be sad to get back in the everyday groove where we are just rushing and rushing. One of my New Year's resolutions is to spend more time paying attention and enjoying things as they happen. The other part of that one is to appreciate what I have and not think about what I don't have.

And to sum things up, we had a wonderful Christmas with way too many presents for our little lady. We were lucky enough to have three Christmas celebrations this year. One at my Dad and Colleen's farm before Christmas, and on Christmas day we were at my Mom and Mike's house with all that big family and then we went to Justin's Mom and Terry's house after that. We went to Asheville with my sister and her family from December 27 through the 30th. It was such a wonderful trip! We stayed in a little cabin that was built in the 1930's. I had never been to Asheville, and it really is a beautiful place. Roxanne had such a good time with her cousins, and she is smitten with Kendree and Jon. We ate at great local restaurants, visited some neat things like the Health Museum, the Arboretum, a beautiful Catholic church called the Basilica (I think that's right) and went on a historic trolley tour like good little tourists. The trolley ride was really fun, and gave us a chance to see a lot of things that we would probably have missed otherwise. Our last day there, we split up and Justin and Roxanne and I went to West Asheville, which was kind of like a mix between Candler Park and Decatur. So cute.

OK, I will post some photos soon, although there are already lots on there from Christmas. I've got to get some sleep. For real.

Happy 2009! Can you believe it?

1 comment:

kramsell said...

Hope you get some sleep soon! We look forward to seeing you guys at Ella's party:)