Friday, April 25, 2008

Devastating News

I just wanted to take a moment to say that something very very tragic this afternoon happened. You may have heard on the news that there was a shooting at the Bank of America Plaza (where I work). It was a man and a woman in a murder/suicide, and they both worked in my office. I won't talk about Jermaine, the man who committed the shootings, but I will say that Raven, the victim, was one of the most beautiful, sweet and intelligent women I have ever met. She was always smiling, always friendly, and always laughing. She was only 26 years old. My co-workers are all completely in shock, and immensely saddened. We are also afraid. It's so heart-breaking to think how I just spoke with Raven earlier this afternoon. And it's terrifying to think I saw Jermaine several times today. His desk was only a little ways away from my office. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before, and I am still in shock. I just wanted to post this as a means of therapy, and to let any of you who hear about it in the news know that I am safe. I'm home now, snuggling Roxanne and trying to calm down. I am afraid though. These are dangerous times.

No comments: