Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Giant Baby!


This picture is of Roxanne in her sun hat at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. My sister took it.

Roxanne had her four month appointment this morning. Only three shots and one oral vaccine today (phew). I really deliberated over keeping her home with me or taking her to Andrea's, but in the end, I took her to Andrea's. She's got Tylenol, and she promised to call me if anything happened or Roxanne got overly fussy. She was very polite at the doctor's office, and although she was kicking the doctor a lot, it was not mean-spirited kicking. Just happy baby kicking.

So, she is huge. She is 15 pounds 15.6 ounces and 25 inches long. Her head is 15 3/4 inches. The doctor says she is 80th percentile for height and 90th for weight. She said that Roxanne looks wonderful. She showed off her standing abilities, as well as her tummy time skills. We also talked about when to start her on cereal, and she said it would be fine to wait until she's 6 months. She also said that for Roxanne's weight, she should be able to go for 8 hours at night without eating. I guess we'll have to try that... I was thinking about finally moving the crib into our room this weekend so we could test her out in there. But in all honesty, the thought is tough for me. I love having her in the bed with me. She's so snuggly and sweet. And it's the biggest block of time we get to spend together!

We'll see...

No comments: