Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday again?

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Things have been very busy for us this last week. Roxanne had some kind of icky snotty nose/cough thing which she apparently gave to her Daddy, and so sickness strikes again! Justin had a tough weekend this weekend, with a nasty sore throat and just general ickiness. In the hopes that he might be able to get some sleep, Roxanne and I went out on Saturday and met my sister Kendree and her girls, my mom and my little sister Leah at the Chattahoochee Nature Center for their Earth Day celebration. It was lots of fun. They had all kinds of exhibits set up that were really interesting, like this cool toilet attachment that hooks onto the top of your tank, so that when you flush, water comes out of the faucet, you wash your hands with it, and then it runs down into the bowl to be used to flush the toilet. Pretty cool, right? And the attachment was under $100. Fernbank had a table set up with "compost" worms, which totally grossed me out but mesmerized Ella and Chloe. They even pet the hissing beetle from Madagascar that was like 3 inches long.

I also got to go canoing with Leah while my mom held Roxanne. It was really fun, although we got stuck on about 50 different trees. The whole area is beautiful. I wish it was a little closer, but it is close to Historic Roswell, so afterwards, we went to Fickle Pickle (although Kendree and the girls were off to a birthday party). Fickle Pickle is an adorable restaurant in Roswell. The food is delicious.

Roxanne really enjoyed herself all weekend. She is very friendly, and likes to smile at people and talk and talk and talk. She's also starting to show interest in what I'm eating, and has even started reaching for things. I just read that that is a sign that babies are getting geared up for solid food. I still want to wait until she's six months just to be safe. She turned four months old on Saturday. It's crazy to see how much she's changed in just four months. She's really a real baby now. Her four month check up is on Wednesday, and I can't wait to find out how much she's grown. I know it's a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.