Thursday, June 19, 2008

Six Month Doctor Visit

So this morning Roxanne had her check up. She was very well behaved, although she was very sleepy. She woke up at 3:30 this morning and acted like I was being silly for trying to go back to sleep. She clearly wanted to just go ahead and start her day... Anyways, she is now 27 3/4 inches tall and 17 pounds 3 ounces. According to the doctor, that puts her in the 75th percentile for weight and 95th for height. She said breastfed babies usually have their weight level out around now. She said her torso is very long. I don't know who she gets that from...not me.

Also, as one of my usualy mature side notes, I have to share that Roxanne seems to be developing some serious room-clearing gas. I mean, she toots like an adult these days. She also loves putting her face on my arm and making rasberry sounds, which prompts Justin to comment that Roxanne is just obssessed with toots. But today at the doctor's she totally put me in the most awkward position, since she "cut the cheese" in a very serious way about five second before the doctor came in. Neither me nor the doctor mentioned the smell, but I was very tempted to go ahead and let her know that it was Roxanne. But I didn't. I'm trying to be mature.

She had to have four shots and an oral vaccine. She screamed after the second shot but quieted down right after the last one when I picked her up. I gave her some Tylenol, nursed her, and she was good as new. Oh, and the doctor said she could see her top teeth are almost ready to come out. Which is great. Now she'll have four teeth to bite me with. She also said her ear infection is almost cleared up. Yay!

No comments: