Friday, June 27, 2008

Back to Square One

So, I finally got an e-mail from the other job prospect today. It was very very nice, and they said that they really liked me, but in the end had to go with someone with more applicable experience. I guess that's the deal with the publishing industry. Lots of applicants and a rather small pool of jobs... I think maybe I'm just looking in the wrong areas. I can't really apply for more freelance work at the moment either because my one client takes up all of my extra time. Sigh.

Roxanne, I hope you read this when you are 16 and realize that I am not a horrible pitiful whiny person, I just love you very very much and wish I could spend more time with you. And I want you to learn that moms can have jobs and families and be happy with both. I will soldier on and fix all of this. And eventually, when I'm a published author, we'll all laugh about my paralegal days. Right?

No comments: