Monday, May 11, 2009

No news still...




Oh wait, I sort of lied. We had a fun baby milestone today. This evening, Roxanne started jumping all by herself. I mean, she's always enchanted by jumping on a couch or in her crib while holding onto the railing, but tonight she started jumping up in the air with both feet off the ground and NOT holding onto anything. I guess that's kind of a weird milestone, but it looks so cute. She jumps four or five times in a row before really getting off the ground, and each time, I feel like I might have a heart attack watching her narrowly avoid a spill. But she giggles and giggles and giggles and is so proud of herself, I can't bring myself to get involved.

And her other obscure milestone is that she now recognizes Elmo. She watches short clips of Sesame Street on hulu.com, which is the website I use to watch my favorite TV shows (30 Rock, The Office, and Bones... I know, the last one is kind of dumb, but something about it is charming to me. Don't judge.). We watched several clips with Elmo in them, and Roxanne learned to point to him and say "elmo!" She surprised me when we went to Borders yesterday evening (we were looking for this awesome magazine called Atomic Ranch that's all about Mid-Century Modern homes and decor) and she found an Elmo toy. She pulled it off the shelf saying "elmo!" She carried him around for a while until Justin distracted her with some of his smoothie and I wrangled it back to the shelf. Pretty sneaky, but she already has an Elmo doll at home.

The photo above is a nicer photo of the house that I took on Sunday. I don't know why all my photos get cut off every time I upload them. It's totally annoying. If you click on it though, it will open in a new window and you can see the whole thing. When the real estate agent called today, I was so excited because I assumed he was calling to tell me we had the binding agreement and were under contract, but nope. He was calling to tell me that he hopes we will get it this week... ???? I asked him what the seller's agent told him in terms of how long this usually takes with this bank, and he said 5 to 10 business days. Which means it could possibly be next week, since our written offer wasn't technically completely submitted until Friday of last week. Aack! I just can't help but be worried that they are dragging this out because they are looking at another offer, or just making sure another one doesn't come in... I just don't have the right temperament for this business. Either way, just keep everything crossed. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: