Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Eagle has Landed

We picked up the crib last night from Wal-Mart! Unfortunately, the box is very very heavy, and Justin won't let me help move it. So it's still in our car pending a pair of strong arms who can help Justin move it inside. Either way, I'm so excited that we have it! As soon as we move, I'll set it up and start decorating the nursery. What a lovely way to dispell my nesting urges! I feel so spoiled! I've also asked my sister, who is a very talented painter, to do some paintings for Hosey's room. I think we will also commission her daughters for some more masterpieces for the new townhouse. We have two canvases now that they painted for us when we first moved into our apartment, and I thought it would be neat to get two more and put them all in the stairwell. Who needs expensive gallery bought art when you've got family?

I think one of my favorite things about our new apartment is that it is still small enough that we have just the right amount of furniture for it. Only now it won't feel so claustrophobic... There is a small deck (I think it's less than 6ft X 6ft) and I thought it might be nice to get a couple of plastic chairs or a bistro set for out there, but other than that, we are really set. It's a nice feeling. For a minute I thought we might need a coffee table for the living room, but I realized that I'd rather not have one so that baby has a place to play without having to move furniture around. I also think that the thought of getting any more furniture might give Justin a few more gray hairs. He's really getting a nice little spray of them on his temples. I think he had about 3 when we found out about Hosey. Now he's got a few more. But they look very handsome on him.

Hosey is continuing to kick and punch, and seems to be getting stronger every day. I'm starting to find it difficult to concentrate at work because I'm thinking about who I could get to feel the kicks through my belly. Strange, I never wanted to feel a baby kicking when other people I knew were pregnant, but now I feel guilty because I realize how it's fun to make people feel it. Maybe that will wear off... Tomorrow I will be 26 weeks, and creeping ever closer to the third trimester. Spooky.

No comments: