Monday, September 3, 2007

whew

It seems like this week has involved lots and lots of growing. My belly is starting to catch up, and it has been very sore lately. I also seem to be getting more and more Braxton Hicks contractions. Every time I go to the doctor, I try and remember to bring a list of questions with me, and I always seem to forget most of them...but I have my next appointment Thursday, and I want to ask about those. And cramping... Ugh.

I had my yoga class on Saturday, as I missed Thursdays because my stomach was bothering me. It was nice and small, since most women are probably out of town, and it was easier this time than the last time. Still very relaxing, and seems to target all the areas that hurt the worst. Not that things are too bad, since I know that in 2 or 3 months, this will all seem like a big picnic.

Hosey is kicking more and more regularly, although it's still tough sometimes for Justin to feel it, since it always seems like Hosey stops kicking right when he puts his hand on my belly.

This is my newest onesie, and I did it today while watching a really interesting British movie called "49 Up." It's a series of films that a British filmmaker started in 1964, with 14 seven year olds from all over England. It goes back and films them every 7 years, although by the age of 49, there were only about 6 or 7 that still consented to the interviews. It is really an interesting series, and sometime I'd like to rent the boxed set with all of the episodes. For now, that one was plenty.

Justin went to the Silverbacks game on Saturday night with Jesse, and he had a really good time. I went downtown with two friends and we stalked around the Marriot taking pictures of Dragon Con people. It was very interesting, and I put the highlights on our Flickr account. I guess I can see the appeal for these people who are really into all of it, since they are like celebrities as they troop around in the costumes, and some of them were truly amazing. My favorite was Mr. Tumnus the faun from the Chronicles of Narnia. Very well done costume.

It was also one of those strange experiences where you think, "I hope nobody I know sees me here," but then you realize that for them to see you, they'd have to be there, too, and that means that they might actually have bought a pass and are very serious about it. My friends and I were more like spectators.

Justin and I sent the deposit check to Andrea to hold Hosey's spot in her in-home day care for February. This is a nice note of finality, although I'm still hoping I can manage to work from home some of the time. We are also close to deciding on staying in our apartment. This has been a difficult decision, but we both think it's the most responsible, and makes the most sense for our family. It makes me a little sad to think that we still won't be able to host one of the monthly get-togethers at our apartment. It's too small to fit more than five or six people comfortably, and my family is huge! And continuing to grow... Maybe we can just have everyone over in small groups... We work hard to keep this apartment looking nice, and we're doing more and more to try and make room for baby. Today we took measurements of all of the walls and pieces of furniture to try and configure the best set-up. We think we figured out the best spot for the crib in the living room, where it's cozy and not too close to the heater or to the windows. It will be tight, but if it works, it works.

I also organized Hosey's drawer in my dresser, since Hosey already has an impressive wardrobe. Mostly 0-3 months sizes, but still, it's quite a bit. Justin says I can't buy any more baby clothes. Most of these are from consignment sales, so at least I have that in my defense. :) It's tough to find cute gender neutral clothes, and when I do, I tend to grab them up. One of my favorites is a velour onesie that's white with orangey-brown stripes and a lion on it. The little feet are lion faces, complete with mane. It's silly, but adorable, and one of the few things that isn't green or yellow. I've picked up some primary colored things, too, but they are hard to find. It seems like everyone wants to put babies in pastels. Baby clothes are much more fun than I'd imagined.

Well, we hope that everyone had a safe and happy holiday weekend! I'm sorry the posting is so scatter-brained today, but that's how I am these days. Pregnancy brain strikes again.

No comments: