Monday, January 21, 2008

Big Baby

We went to Roxanne's one-month check up today at the pediatrician. She did very well, and only fussed at the doctor a little bit. Fortunately, they also let me leave her diaper on while they weighed her, since last time she peed on me. She's up to 10 pounds 12 ounces and her height is 22.5 inches. So she's gained one pound and six ounces and grown an inch since birth! Both her weight and height are in the 90th percentile. The doctor says that her left shoulder seems to be just slightly weaker than her right, but that overall, she's very impressed that Roxanne is using it so much, and that it's pretty much normal. We're glad, too.

Nothing much else, just that she recommends that we start giving Roxanne a vitamin supplement so that she gets Vitamin D. It's an over-the-counter medicine that my mom remembers giving me and my sister. We haven't gotten it yet, but I plan to.

After the doctor's visit, we went to Barnes and Noble since Justin had a gift card from his bosses. It was nice to get out and do normal things again, and Roxanne was very well behaved. I just held her while we were in there, and she slept and/or looked around quietly for the most part. I bought a Dr. Sears' book on breastfeeding that is so far proving to be very very good. I also got Me Talk Pretty One Day by Dave Sedaris. I've read Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim about nine times, so I figured it would be a good investment. Justin found a really cool book by Alex Ross that's about music. He tried to explain it to me, but my mommy brain is sort of slow these days. Also, I fell down the stairs yesterday, and I think I jarred my brain. However, we rented Raising Arizona on iTunes. It's such a good stand by. And it made me forget that one of my toes is sort of crooked now. :)

No comments: