Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good News!

Today has been good so far, and it's not even noon yet. Roxanne has started smiling at me. And these smiles are different from the gas smiles. They are clearly smiles right at me. She did it the other night, but this morning, they were much more direct, and adorable.

Also, two of the HR people at my work just called to tell me that I'll be coming back to work in a new position (Senior Immigration Assistant versus my previous title of Immigration Assistant) which also comes along with a raise. So that is definitely good news. I now have to decide if I want to be salaried, which means I'll finally have paid sick days and paid holidays, or stay hourly, which works well if I decide to come back to work on more of a part time basis. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we could afford for me to work part time, so I will probably try to be salaried, but work a schedule like 8 to 4. Then maybe I can skip my lunch break and leave at 3:30 every day... We'll see. The good news is that they are flexible. I still wish more than anything that I could stay home with Roxanne, but at least I will be getting more money! That's always nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting pictures of that adorable smile up so quickly!