Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A quiet day

Roxanne and I had a nice quiet day today. I can't believe she'll be 6 weeks old tomorrow! The time has gone by so incredibly fast. I am technically supposed to go back to work on Thursday, but I am not going back until the 11th. I know it will be here all too soon, though.

Sunday we did go to Dr. Bombay's and my friend Christa came and met Roxanne. Roxanne slept most of the time we were there, but towards the end, she got fussy and wouldn't take the bottle. We walked back home, and she made it without a melt down. Yesterday Roxanne and I walked to Flying Biscuit and met my sister and the girls and my step-mom for lunch. It was really nice, and we got coffee at Dr. Bombay's afterwards. Roxanne liked Flying Biscuit, although she slept through most of lunch. She still didn't want to take the bottle, from Colleen or Kendree. I was on the verge of nursing in the coffee shop before we decided to leave. Walking home, she just fell asleep again. The girls and Kendree came over for a little while, and it is so cute watching them interact with Roxanne.

Last night Justin and I took Roxanne to Target. I wanted to get the Nuk nipples, but they don't make them to fit on Playtex bottles anymore. So I bought one Nuk bottle with the orthodontic nipple to try, and of course, I get home and start taking it apart to boil it, and the nipple is missing. I called Gerber, and they are mailing me two nipples free of charge, but it's still really annoying. I think someone must have opened the box and taken the nipple out. We also went ahead and bought Turbo Tax while we were there. It was on sale, and I want to file ASAP this year. My step-dad recommended doing Turbo Tax over going to H&R Block, and I think he is right. It's definitely a lot cheaper.

Roxanne is pretty much the same. She's still smiling a lot, but she does seem to be sleeping more lately. She's still nursing very very often, but I'm OK with that. I'm just still so relieved that we're still able to pull this whole breastfeeding thing off. I know it stinks for Justin, since it seems like as soon as he gets to hold her she fusses to eat again, but it is so good for her health. The more I read this Dr. Sears breastfeeding book, the more I am thrilled with our decision. Of course, the book is openly critical of giving bottles or pacifiers, and we have to do both. But not everyone can be a stay-at-home mom. Unfortunately. At least there is a good chapter about breastfeeding and working. Every time I read magazine articles about that, they provide some information, but mostly talk about reasons you should quit your job. It's like they think everyone who works does so because they want to, and not because they have to pay bills. The book has some real information that is really helpful. Hopefully Roxanne will get the hang of eating from a bottle, and this whole thing will get easier.

No comments: