Wednesday, November 7, 2007

33 Weeks and Sad News

Today marks 33 weeks. It turns out that it is bad timing, as I just found out that my Grandmother on Dad's side is not doing very well healthwise, and I would have liked to go up to see her. After calling my doctor yesterday, the nurse told me that it is strongly advised that women past 32 weeks not travel. I asked if I could drive, but since it's about 14 hours in the car, she said that would be even worse than flying. My sister is going to go to New Jersey to visit her on Saturday, so I'm going to write a letter for my sister to read to her for me. It's not optimal, but it's the best I can do. I feel very badly about it, but again, I don't have very much of a choice. I'm hopeful that she overcomes the odds and maybe we can go see her with Hosey in the next few months.

I still haven't heard from the doctor, and I still have the pain in my side, but I'm continuing to hope that it's something normal, like maybe the rib pain that my doctor was talking about. I read about some women who have their babies stick their feet in between ribs of their moms, and this can be very painful. But it shouldn't be permanent. Maybe Hosey just is a little stinker and is constantly wedging his/her feet in there. Hopefully I'll know by the end of the week. When I spoke with the nurse yesterday, she said they still hadn't had the results sent up from radiology. Again, I'm assuming if it was something really bad, the technician would have helped get the results pushed through faster. So for now, I'm trying to convince myself that it is normal.

No comments: