Friday, November 9, 2007

All over the place

This has been something of a difficult week. It's been long! I don't have much new to report, just a few points. You can see that I am very scatter-brained these last few days, and probably mildly incoherent.

*My grandmother is not improving. Please keep her in your thoughts and hearts and send love to her in New Jersey. I'm sad for her, and very sad that I cannot go to visit her, but I know that she is well taken care of and has a lot of family with her right now.

*Selfishly, I'm still anxiously worrying about my ultrasound. I called the doctor's office today to follow up, and the nice woman I spoke with told me that radiology has yet to send the ultrasound results back up. So no news there. The pain is still present, although today has been a little better. Let's hope that continues!

*I have a little piece of happy news. I sent an e-mail to the editor of Atlanta Parent magazine and told her that I thought she needed a younger and less experienced parent to join her current team of bloggers. To my shock, she responded the next day and told me she thought I'd be a good edition. So at some point in the next week or so, I'll be starting a blog on their website. I'm sure it's not paid, and it's not exactly the New York Times, but I'm excited. I'm trying to build a resume with my writing and eventually be able to try and land some more freelance work that is actually paid. But we'll see. If anything, you all just have to click on the blog at Atlanta Parent a million times a day to make it look like the whole world wants to read my blog.

Anyways, this weekend Justin and I are off to Winder to see Ella and Chloe perform at the Chatagua Festival on Saturday morning. I love watching them dance. I need some uplifting time, and I think this will be perfect. The Chatagua Festival is fun, too. We enjoyed it last year. There are cows and bulls and ponies, and crafts, and the Native American dancers were really neat to watch. Chloe was mesmerized by them.

No comments: