Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sad news

My grandmother (my dad's mother) passed away this morning. While I cannot make the trip to New Jersey for the memorial service, I will be thinking of her. My dad promises that in a year or so we will have a family event to remember her. Justin and I are thinking of using her name for the baby's middle name if Hosey is a girl. It's a beautiful name, Elizabeth, and it was my middle name before Justin and I got married. I think it would be a nice way to remember her. She was a very wonderful woman, and I only wish that I had been able to see her more growing up. It's hard to have family live so far away. I'm glad that Hosey will have lots of access to his or her grandparents. And we'll definitely have to tell Hosey all about "Gramma Zaic."

In the meantime, I'm trapped at work, as I don't get paid days off, and with only three paying days next week, I'm not going anywhere. I've got my door closed, but I have to complain just a little that it doesn't seem fair to not give your employees paid days off sometimes. However, as my officemate got fired last week, I'm trying to be on my best behavior. Doesn't it seem like things always happen all at once?

No comments: