Monday, November 5, 2007

Part One

I just got to work a little while ago, and my ultrasound went very quickly. The technician wouldn't tell me anything. He was nice, but very quiet. For now I'm just in limbo waiting for the doctor to call me after looking the results over and let me know if everything looks OK. I'm really hoping that it is all fine. I'm still having the pain in my side, but I would like to be told that it is nothing but gas or heartburn or something. After doing some research, gall bladder problems do not look fun, and while they are definitely better than some things, I would rather just be dealing with regular old pregnancy pains. It's just that the pain has been very severe, and lately makes it difficult to do a whole lot. Over the weekends, I'm OK to stay out and about for most of the day, but usually by late afternoon I'm in enough pain that I have to go home and lay down for a while. Usually it takes about half an hour of laying down, and the pain goes away. But it's very frustrating.

Our weekend was nice, with things fairly laid back and easy. We went shopping for a little while on Saturday at the thrift store to get costumes for a Halloween party on Saturday night. However, we ended up missing the party because even after laying down for a couple of hours, the pain in my side was excruciating, and the party was out in Kennesaw, which would require lots of car time. I was disappointed, as I was looking forward to going to the party and acting normal for a little while... but oh well.

Sunday was my family birthday party at my Mom's house. It was very fun. My mom cooked some delicious Paula Deen vegetable soup, and we had a delicious cherry stuff dessert that she made. I got to see my little sister, and my sister Kendree, her husband Jon and Ella and Chloe were there. It was a nice afternoon. We arrived thinking we were 15 minutes late, and then realized we were 45 minutes early, as we both thought the time change was supposed to happen overnight on Sunday night.

Anyways, I'll put up another post once I hear back from my doctor. Hopefully it will be today.

No comments: