Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I only have a minute at the moment

But I promise I'll post more later.

Here's what the summary of the doctor visit was:

1. I've gained an astonishing amount of weight in 3 weeks, and it's evidently mostly fluids. My face and hands have started swelling, and my feet and ankles are getting very very very bad, and do not go down overnight.

2. I have started effacing (my cervix has thinned a fair amount) but I'm not dilated.

3. The baby is big enough so that it would be not only fine, but favorable if I went into labor any minute.

4. If I go back for my appointment on Wednesday next week and the weight gain is still happening, "we will have the baby," which I'm guessing means they will go ahead and induce.

So the long and short of it, I'm going to all that I can to start labor on my own now, since I'd rather not be induced, and judging by the rapid fluid retention increase, I'm not too hopeful that next week will be much different from this week.

I don't think we'll be making it to the 26th!

No comments: