Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Today is baby day

We're just getting ready to leave for the hospital, and I think we've packed enough stuff for a two week vacation. Oh well, I'd rather have too much than not enough.

Justin worked hard yesterday to make a playlist for his iPod that is full of relaxing music for while I'm in labor. He also rented Life Aquatic in case I feel up to watching a movie at any point. I'm not sure how all of this works, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk around too much, so I'm trying to make sure that I've got some stuff to do while laying down. Of course we're bringing a few baby books to see if we can learn how to care for a new born while we wait for Hosey to arrive. :)

The woman who booked my appointment said I could eat something light this morning if I got up early enough, but I'm too nervous, and can't eat. I'm sure I'll be regretting this later when it's been 14 hours and I'll I've had is ice chips, but oh well. I also got a bloody nose in the shower. It's been a weird morning. Very very surreal. I always listen to NPR on Justin's old alarm clock in our room (it's got a telephone attached to it, we're very high tech) and listened for the weather on Friday. If all goes as planned, that should hopefully be when we are bringing Hosey home, and it says it's going to be about 50 degrees. No rain so far either. That's for tomorrow, but I probably won't even see outside tomorrow.

Katie is acting very strange lately. She's been more and more needy, like she knows exactly what is going on. I feel badly for her, since she's been pretty spoiled for a long time, and now all of the sudden she's not allowed on the furniture, and we are always yelling at her not to get underfoot. At least she's not chained up in someone's backyard year round. Her suffering is very very relative. :) Speaking of Katie, we've got to delegate someone to come and let her out while we're in the hospital. We are thinking we'll just rotate it, and let different people do it at times that work for them. Hopefully that will work fine.

Alright, it's almost 8:00, and we're off pretty soon. One never knows what the traffic between here and Piedmont is going to be like... And this is one appointment we don't want to be late for.

No comments: