So after scheming for a few hours at my desk about castor oil, stairs, and spicy food, I noticed a funny tickling in my throat. By 3:00, I had officially developed a sore throat and body aches. I'm also congested and just feeling icky. Justin is feeling a little worn down, too, but not necessarily "sick" yet.
I'm rethinking my weekend plans... If I indeed continue feeling sick, I'm definitely going to steer clear of the castor oil, as I don't want to bring a baby home to a sick house, and I don't want to be sick in labor. So for now, I'm planning to wait patiently for Wednesday and see how it pans out.
I'm very very excited and nervous, knowing that we could have the baby any time now. It's taken all day for the doctor's advice to sink in. She's so straightforward, and it's definitely refreshing, but strange for her to just sort of mention in passing, "If you have another jump in your weight next week, we'll just go ahead and have the baby. And we'd be thrilled if you went into labor tomorrow." Those words are forever going to be burned into my psyche. And probably Justin's, too. :) He came with me today.
For now, I'm having a lot of cramping, which could be from the exam today. It's at least nice to know that if I should go into labor soon, the doctor says it's a good thing, and I won't be given medication to stop it. But I am a little scared, since I am just 37 weeks today. But I trust the doctor.