Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday evening, and still no Hosey

Last night after eating delicious Eggplant Parmesan at Scalini's, I thought for sure we'd be off to the hospital some time in the wee hours. No luck. I woke up with very strong cramping and contractions several times, but went back to sleep (that's what the books say to do, try to sleep as long as you can) and by this morning, it was all quiet.

Justin and I have tried to stay busy today, so I did laundry, we had a nice brunch at Highland Bakery, and just got back from a little bit of shopping at Target and Ikea. I'm hoping all the activity will get things going... At the least, my back certainly hurts now! I talked Justin into getting Chinese food delivered for dinner, so we plan a quiet evening at home watching movies and eating SPICY Chinese food. Tomorrow we have a family event planned with my Dad, Colleen, Ashley, Kendree, Jon, and Chloe and Ella. We're all going to Flying Biscuit and then back to our place for Dirty Santa. I've been cleaning today, and my nesting instinct is really strong.

It's weird, I thought I was having a nesting instinct before, but this is completely different. Even my last few days at work, I was compulsively cleaning my desk, organizing all of my files with obscenely detailed sticky notes attached to everything so that whoever takes over has no doubt about what is necessary for each case. I didn't realize how many things I watch over, or how paranoid I'd be about trusting them to someone else. And this morning I had to just get out of bed around 8:00 because I kept thinking about the Christmas gifts in the living room that hadn't been wrapped yet. Poor Justin. I got up, put in a load of laundry, and watched an episode of What Not to Wear on the TLC website as I wrapped gifts. It would have been nicer if I weren't in such a horrible mood. Brunch helped. It was delicious, as always. And later, Justin and I did a little shopping in Little Five Points, I got a hot chocolate. I realized that my blood sugar falling makes me very very very mean these days. I think my hormones are gearing up for labor.

Anyways, we will keep you all posted. At this point, we're starting to think it will be Wednesday before we see any signs of Hosey. And that's fine, too.

No comments: