Tuesday, August 21, 2007

OK, seriously, this is it


I just posted my week 20 and 21 pregnancy photos on Flickr, and golly gee it's painful. I feel like I'm gaining weight in my arms and face more than anywhere else. Everyone says it's fine to gain weight, and most of it will come off after the baby is born, but as most people who know me know, it's a life long struggle for me. I'm going to keep trying to keep it under control, but not obsess about it too much, since I'd rather gain a little too much than not enough... And I'm still in the normal weight gain for pregnant women, I just had hoped to keep it under the normal amount. Maybe my yoga with free weights class (first one on Thursday) will help me with my arms. I also got some free-weights to use here, and a yoga ball to try and figure out. Yikes.

And literally, as I type, Justin has reported that he is almost ready for a (and this is a sincere quote) "mammoth oreo explosion with ice cream; I mean frozen yogurt." Genetics are so unfair. I have adopted angel food cake as my favorite dessert, and apples and/or yogurt for my snacks in the day. Justin works really hard at working out every day, but still. Unfair. :)

Here's me tonight. Tomorrow I'll be 22 weeks.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Actually, on at least one side of his family, Justin has the "I can gain weight, but I sure can't lose it" gene. And with each passing year, that gene seems to grow (or at least loom) larger.

JimDad

J said...

Don't get me started on the weight thing. Once the baby is out, you get to assess the true damage of the pregnancy--and find stretch marks you couldn't even see....

Susan said...

I think you look beautiful.

Mimi (Susan)

Dawn said...

You look great! The yoga class with free weights sounds fun. I hope you enjoy it. I think Justin may be trying to gain weight along with you with the "Oreo explosion"!