Wednesday, October 3, 2007

28 Weeks and the THIRD TRIMESTER!

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. My mom came with me this time, which was really fun. She got to hear the heartbeat, which was 157 beats this time. I had my glucose test, too, where they check to see if I'm diabetic. I'm not, but I am anemic. I don't know how anemic, but I didn't get the impression it was too bad. I do have to start taking an iron supplement, which is not going to be too much fun for my belly, but I am glad to know that I am not diabetic.

We also talked about pediatricians, and my mom actually mentioned that my pediatrician from when we lived in Buckhead is still around. My doctor knows her, too and said she thought she was wonderful. So I'm going to check and see if she is on our insurance plan. She is the doctor who told me when I was about 6 that I should never have children. Apparently I was getting blood drawn or some kind of shot and they had to have several nurses come in and hold me down. Wouldn't that be appropriate if I brought my baby to her? She has a small practice in an old house in Buckhead. It sounds cozy.

Nothing too exciting other than that. I do have to go back in two weeks instead of four, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm in the third trimester or because of the anemia. Fine with me either way. Missing work is frustrating because I have to make it up by staying late other days or coming in on the weekends, but I love hearing the baby's heartbeat. That never gets old.

1 comment:

J said...

you go in every two weeks for the next two months and then every week the until you give birth.