Friday, October 19, 2007

Catching UP!

The crib is finished! Yay! We can't wait to put in the mattress (a generous gift from Justin's Mom and stepdad) and actually make the crib with all of our lovely sheets and blankets. I know it will just be sitting empty for a long time, but that's OK. It will look cute.

I am starting to get caught up on my thank-you notes, which feels wonderful. I always feel guilty about getting a gift until I have sent off the thank-you note. I'm about 3/4 done I think. What a wonderful problem to have!

The apartment is continuing to come together, and last night I finished up the bathroom (still complete with giant holes in the wall...) and we really just need to finish up the nursery and our bedroom. We have noticed that there are a lot of spiders around. Not like billions, but quite a few. And some of them are really big and gross. We're trying to figure out how to get rid of spiders. Do they make a spider spray? We agree that we've never seen one, but it seems likely that one must exist somewhere... In the meantime, we want to get some kind of caulk or something to seal up some of the gaps around windows and floorboards. That's where the spiders like to hang out. I think this is the time of year where they try to come inside. And that does seem to be a draw back to living in a wooded area.

Hosey is defying me and continuing to kick and punch pretty frequently. I thought it would be slowing down more now, but not really! I'm enjoying it while it lasts...

No comments: