Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Geez

So my doctor's office called to tell me that all my tests came back negative. Which is good news, but goes no further to explain this weird sharp pain in my side. I'm sure it's just muscle-related, or maybe how the baby is positioned, but it hurts! It seems to get worse after sitting at my desk for too long, which is great when you have a desk job... :) It also seems to get worse after I eat.

In any case, the nurse asked me if the pain was better, and when I told her it wasn't, she said she'd talk to the doctor and try to figure out what to do next. I somehow felt a little guilty and/or embarrassed saying that the pain wasn't better even though all my bloodwork was normal, like I should just admit that I was faking it this whole time, but I figured that would not necessarily be productive.

Either way, Hosey has been very active, so I'm not nearly as worried about it, just tired of it hurting. It makes it harder to sleep.

Tomorrow I am going to get my flu shot at work. Our firm has offered to pay for them, so I figure I'm saving myself a good $30 or so. I was thinking I could try and sneak Justin in, too. Pretend that he's one of my co-workers.

I'm also waiting to hear back from a fun program at work where I might be able to get an "expectant mother" parking space in my building. So I'd park, get out of the car, get on an elevator and be at work. Now I cross Peachtree Road every morning and evening to get to my parking lot, which has been fine, but I'm sure will be a little less fun the more and more pregnant I get. Basically, I apply now, and get a pass whenever one comes available. There are 8 spots. And you can only have it in your final trimester. My sources (ie co-workers who park in the building) tell me that all 8 of them are always empty, but we'll see. The wheels always move a little slowly around here...

Again, we hope everyone is doing wonderfully!

No comments: