Thursday, October 18, 2007

Signs of what's to come?

I'm starting to feel a little blah these days. Just tired and cranky most of the work day. I'm sure it doesn't help that things at work have been very very stressful, and I'm not very good at leaving it here when I go home, but I think it's also due to getting more and more pregnant. I know I've got more to go, and it I'll just keep getting bigger, but these weird pains and things stretching and hurting... ick. Just ick. Not to complain all the time, but I find myself feeling sorry for myself a lot lately. How attractive.

In other news, Justin and I are going to try and finish the crib tonight. Then we will take lots of pictures of it, and post them on Flickr. I would love to just finish the nursery (or come close) and have it nice and ready in the next few weeks. I just need to prioritize. First the big stuff, then the small stuff. I can wash the baby clothes after we get the furniture done. And luckily, my sister washed all the baby clothes she gave us before giving them to us. That is a big help! But I do also agree with my mom. It's fun to have some new stuff with the tags still on. All in all, we are really getting close to being set for baby. We have most of what we need (or at least what we think we need...). Except a name. That's kind of a big one. I'm sure it will come to us. I've been reading a lot of books lately, as they help me fall asleep, and they are always full of name suggestions. I'm reading some short stories by Evelyn Waugh, who is an early 20th century British writer. He has lovely names. I had Justin going for a little while the other night that I wanted to name the baby Imogen (a main character in one of his stories). Which is not to say that I don't think it's a neat name, but I don't think I could do that to a child...

No comments: